Molded Hypalon Cable Assemblies
General Reliance specializes in the manufacture of custom molded & overmolded Hypalon (CSM) Cable Assemblies engineered to your highest standards. Our products are regularly engineered to withstand severe environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold, salt spray, water immersion, chemical and abrasion resistance, and electromagnetic and radio frequency interface. Our cables provide proven performance in the field and have been tested to excel in your harsh environments. Wherever possible our product is tested by utilizing ATP equipment.
Hypalon is the trade name for Chlorsulfonated Polyethelene (CSM). Hypalon cable assemblies are chosen where good resistance to ageing, weathering, ozone and UV is required, making it excellent for outdoor applications. Hypalon is also excellent for resistance to chemicals, especially strong oxiding agents. The material is also self-extingiushable, making it fire resistant. The main drawback of this material is its poor resistance to fuels and solvents. Combined with our expertise in molded cable assembly, choosing General Reliance as your vendor is the smart choice.
- ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100D:2015 certified production processes
- Certified to the requirements of Mil-I-45208A, MIL-Q-9858
- In-house temperature cycling and vibration testing
- High pressure testing in water, salt water & silicone oil
- All cable assemblies are subject top 100% inspection for electrical, mechanical and visual quality
- First Article testing to AS9102
- Full Production Documentation
Common Mil-Spec Connectors Terminated
MIL-DTL-38999 Series I,II,III, IV
Advantages of General Reliance’s Unique Molded Construction Process
- Water proof construction greatly improves moisture and corrosion resistance in the field.
- Superior strain relief provides excellent mechanical protection in harsh environments.
- Improved electrical insulation increases system reliability.
- Flex induced stress on connector contacts is eliminated.
- Molding and curing process prevents wire insulation cold flow that mechanical clamps induce in service over time.
- Molding process allows the cable configuration to enter the connector from any angle.
Why Choose General Reliance?
- Proprietary production processes yield more accurate and consistent results
- Ability to terminate any connector type available to your tightest specifications
- High volume manufacturing or low volume specialty production capabilities
- Custom cable designs available with in-house planetary cable layup, helical and contra-helical capability
- Design verification and qualification testing with quick-turnaround development development
- Experience solving your field application problems
- In-house machine shop with mold, tool & die and fixturing capabilities
Feel free to call (973) 361-1400 or click here to contact us for more information about Military Molded Cable Assemblies